“One of the 20 must visits european sites for 2019”
Hungarian countryside – For a really relaxing trip to Hungary, stay at Koppany Pines, a small and peaceful site in the countryside, about a 50-minute drive south of Lake Balaton. There are several thermal spa towns nearby, and the site is close enough to Budapest for day trips to the capital
Facilities & Amenities
Access is via concrete road from the village, some turns are tight, but we have had twin axles and motorhomes of over 10m navigate the road. There is onsite parking for each of the self catering units. The road It is well lit and we have large double gates for an easy entry. The site is gated for security with site lighting, but these are turned off at night as we are a dark skies area.
The guest house has it’s own facilities. For campers and glampers the shower block is centrally located with sinks and toilets all cleaned regularly. An additional outdoor shower block is available in busy periods. There is a hair-drying station with mirrors and the sinks have electric points. There is another outdoor toilet by the entry gate.
Cooking, Washing Up & Laundry
Covered kitchen with washing machine (small charge), kettle and washing up sinks. Freezer pack re-freezing facility is available at the bar.
- Communal seating around the main firepit & outdoor cooking area
- Tea terrace seating & undercover dining area
- Campsite Bar
- Library with seated reading area with games, books and pencils and colouring for the younger ones.
- Rustic relaxation areas with a variety of table, chairs and hammocks around the site.
- Floodlit boules pitch
- A selection of fitness equipment
- Stargazing area with camp telescope and viewers map
- Well-being experiences available to book
- Private lake picnics bookable
- Bookable nature wellness sessions
- Honesty shop
- Pool (Late May- September)
- Beautiful views across the valley
- Koppany Valley trails direct from the gate
- Nearby private lake for fishing and relaxation activites
- Idyllic pitches over hung with fruit trees
- Peaceful, friendly & relaxed
- Shop, village & public transport within walking distance
- Bookable Nature Wellness sessions
Equipment for Guest Use
We’ve built a pizza oven in our communal area for guest use and also a fire pit in each camping area. We will happily provide you with the equipment if you want to try your hand at outdoor cooking or arrange your own group meal. The unpolluted skies are amazing and to enhance this experience we have bought some camp star-gazing equipment and put together a ‘how to’ booklet.
- Pizza oven
- Purpose built fire pits
- Tripod for firepit cooking
- Rustic relaxation areas
- Camp star-gazing telescope
- Kitchen equipment
There is wi-fi in the guesthouse. For campers and glampers, although we prefer our guests to enjoy relaxation we do understand that in today’s world we all need access to to the internet. We ensure a good signal is available at our tea house as well as a charging area for phones.
Food & Drink
Don’t want to cook, why not book a table at our tea house?
Breakfast Club 8am – 11.00am We will even deliver a breakfast box to your pitch!
Also on offer are various lunch options to take-away and enjoy in your own space these range from light bites to picnic lunches.
Afternoon Tea 3pm -5 pm
Evening Entertainment starts from 7.30pm and include Dine with the Host, Village Guest Table events.
Bar Opening Times: (Closed on Wednesdays)
Low Season 6pm – 9pm
High Season 5pm – 10pm
Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy – your work becomes a dance with light and the weather. It takes you to a place within yourself.
Hungarian Country Camping does just that, it takes you to a place of serenity, it’s for those of us gripped by wanderlust who prefer to explore at a more relaxed pace in harmony with the surroundings.