“One of the 20 must visits european sites for 2019”
Hungarian countryside – For a really relaxing trip to Hungary, stay at Koppany Pines, a small and peaceful site in the countryside, about a 50-minute drive south of Lake Balaton. There are several thermal spa towns nearby, and the site is close enough to Budapest for day trips to the capital
Hard Standing Pitches
Back to Nature
Set within a protected nature park which has encouraged a diversity of insect and bird life, including Orioles and Skylarks, Koppany Pines is an idyllic location to recharge those batteries. Look out for deer, hedgehogs, rabbits and enjoy the butterflies that dance around the pitches.
You will notice eco friendly products around the site as well as a vine, a small orchard, vegetable and fruit plots springing up as we feel that working in tune with our natural environment is really important and work towards sustainability. We hope you agree and help us by conserving water and recycling as much as possible.
Why not book one of the nature well-being experience and really immerse into nature?
Facilities & Amenities
Access is via concrete road from the village, some turns are tight, but we have had twin axles and motorhomes of over 10m navigate the road. There is onsite parking for each of the self catering units. The road It is well lit and we have large double gates for an easy entry. The site is gated for security with site lighting, but these are turned off at night as we are a dark skies area.
The guest house has it’s own facilities. For campers and glampers the shower block is centrally located with sinks and toilets all cleaned regularly. An additional outdoor shower block is available in busy periods. There is a hair-drying station with mirrors and the sinks have electric points. There is another outdoor toilet by the entry gate.
Cooking, Washing Up & Laundry
Covered kitchen with washing machine (small charge), kettle, fridge/freezer for icepacks and washing up sinks.
- Communal seating around the main firepit & outdoor cooking area
- Tea terrace seating & undercover dining area
- Campsite Bar
- Library with seated reading area with games, books and pencils and colouring for the younger ones.
- Rustic relaxation areas with a variety of table, chairs and hammocks around the site.
- Floodlit boules pitch
- A selection of fitness equipment
- Stargazing area with camp telescope and viewers map
- Well-being experiences available to book
- Private lake picnics bookable
- Pool (Late May- September)
- Beautiful views across the valley
- Koppany Valley trails direct from the gate
- Nearby private fishing lake
- Idyllic pitches over hung with fruit trees
- Peaceful, friendly & relaxed
- Shop, village & public transport within walking distance
Food & Drink
- Tea House
- Food to Go options & Freshly Baked Rolls (24 hours notice)
- Reception Bar
- Two Kocsma (pubs) within walking distance one with Pizzeria
- Village shops in all three local villages and main supermarket at Tamasi (20 minutes)
Equipment for Guest Use
We’ve built a pizza oven in our communal area for guest use and also a fire pit in each camping area. We will happily provide you with the equipment if you want to try your hand at outdoor cooking or arrange your own group meal. The unpolluted skies are amazing and to enhance this experience we have bought some camp star-gazing equipment and put together a ‘how to’ booklet.
- Pizza oven
- Purpose built fire pits
- Tripod for firepit cooking
- Rustic relaxation areas
- Camp star-gazing telescope
- Kitchen equipment
Food & Drink
Don’t want to cook, why not vist our wellness tea house? In the morning we will be serving breakfast between 8am and 10.30am. Also on offer are various lunch options to collect and enjoy in your own space these range from light bites to picnic lunches.
Why not book for afternoon tea available between 3 -5 pm? Or ‘Dine with the Host’ option for the evening?
Every Saturday we have a Village Guest Table evening which you are invited to join.
The bar is fully open from 5pm – 10pm July & August, 6pm – 9pm May, June, September – Closed Wednesday
- Freshly Baked Rolls & Jams
- Hungarian Breakfast Platter
- Sweet Pastries
- Cereal, Yoghurt & Fresh Fruit
- Fruit Juice
DELIVERED TO YOUR PITCH
Food to Go
- Freshly Baked Rolls – breakfast smells
- Bacon & Egg Roll – for late risers
- Packed Lunch – picnic in a box
- Soup in a Jar – great any time of day
- Pasties – made with local produce
COLLECTION BY 10.30AM (PRE-ORDER)
Dine with the Host
5 nights out of 7 we invite you to join us at our dinner table. The menu will be displayed each morning at reception and rsvps should be accepted by 2pm. The meal will consist of a main course and dessert together with a glass of house wine or homemade cordial.
Booking cost is 3,500 HUF per person.
Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy – your work becomes a dance with light and the weather. It takes you to a place within yourself.
Hungarian Country Camping does just that, it takes you to a place of serenity, it’s for those of us gripped by wanderlust who prefer to explore at a more relaxed pace in harmony with the surroundings.