Have a Question?
Policies & Terms
Booking Terms & Conditions
OR Before going through to book, please make sure you have read and understood all the information on this page
- Booking is exclusive to respectable campers. By respectable we mean the ability to respect your fellow campers and your environment. We reserve the right of admission.
- We welcome and honour unplugged or acoustic musicians round the campfire. All instruments and noise to stop by 11pm latest. No Car stereos / stereos or radio’s. Strictly no open air, plugged in music.
- Love the environment – leave no trace. Please take all rubbish to the bin area and leave nothing on your pitch. We do not allow fireworks or lanterns.
- We do not accept unsupervised youths below the age of 21.
- We cannot accept responsibility for your possessions or any personal injury
sustained while camping or using campfires.
- Driving is restricted on site to 5mph at all times. There is no driving after dark. We ask you to minimise the use of your vehicle only to either leave or return to the site.
- We have walks directly outside the campsite and a lead free area on site, in all other areas dogs must be kept on leads. Each dog is required to meet reception staff including the office dog and be seen to be friendly. We reserve the right to ask your dog to leave if it shows anti-social behaviour.
- Occasionally we will take photos and media of the campsite and these are used for publicity purposes. Please make it known on arrival if you are not in agreement to being shown in any of these photos otherwise consent will be considered given on booking.
- Refund Policy:
NOTE: COVID 19 MESSAGE – IF CANCELLATION IS DUE TO BORDER CLOSURES OR A POSITIVE TEST THAT CAN BE EVIDENCE THEN BOOKING DEPOSIT WILL BE RETURNED IN FULL.
30 days notice or longer – 90% refunded
15 – 29 days notice – 50% refunded
14 days or less notice – No refund
Do I need to book in advance?
No, but there are times in July and August we are fully booked so please ring to ensure vacancy, better still book. Larger motorhomes should book to ensure pitches available.
What date is Hungarian Country Camping open from?
30th April to 25th October. The pool is available May to September. If you wish to camp out of season, send us an email and if we are home we will accommodate you.
What is the latest time we can arrive to check in?
8pm on most days, but if we know you are going to be later we will do our best to accommodate you. We close the gates to the campsite for safety. Check out is at 12 noon the day you are leaving.
Can we book a group?
Yes, this is one of the things we do best at Hungarian Country Camping. We can accommodate any groups of anywhere from 2 units to 25 units (at which point you will have exclusive use of the campsite).
Can anyone use the shared fire pit?
Yes, we are a community spirited campsite and love nothing better than having a good ‘cook out’. We do have several firepits to use at your van.
We can’t decide where to camp!
You don’t need to decide until you arrive. After you have checked in, you can go for a stroll (not a drive) around the available pitches and choose the one you like the best. During busy times we may be more limited.
Will we be able to camp with our friends?
Can I pay on card for purchases?
Yes, we will also do cashback, ask in reception for more details.
This document applies to the processing by Hungarian Country Camping of personal data collected by us. We use the Freetobook system.
- Your Personal Data
Properties using freetobook as their booking engine, collect and store information that you give when you make a booking. You are asked for your name, address, telephone number and email along with payment information and “the names of any guests travelling with you”. This may also include your IP address. This information is stored in the freetobook System in order to process your booking. You may be contacted by the Property you have booked with in relation to your booking.
Your data is also stored after you have stayed but will be kept no longer than necessary in order to comply with legal obligations and for properties to welcome your repeat business.
2. Data processed directly by third parties
If you provide payment information, this will be processed directly by secure PCI Level 1 compliant payment gateway providers.
3. Joint Controllers
In the context of providing booking software to accommodation providers to facilitate online booking, freetobook and the accommodation provider shall together operate as joint data controllers for the processing of your personal data.
4. Security Procedures
In accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), freetobook observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and misuse of personal information. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any personal information given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
5. Control of your Personal Data
You have the right to access data that is stored on behalf of properties taking bookings via freetobook system. You need to email or write to the property you booked with to request an overview of your personal data.
You can also contact the property you booked with on freetobook System if you believe that the personal information they have for you is incorrect, if you believe that they are no longer entitled to use your personal data or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about the Privacy Statement. You need to email or write to the property you booked with.
You may also be asked to send feedback after your stay in order for the property to further improve their service. Your email address will be used for this purpose. If you complete a review it may be posted on the property website, facebook page, twitter or google plus. However, no identifying details will ever be attached to a review posting.
To Process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
Performance of a contract. The storage of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with the accommodation provider you are booking with.
Legitimate Interests. We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. These cookies are used only to help you make a smooth booking and contain information like the date searched and language of booking. There is a difference between session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies will only exist until you close your browser. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We use persistent cookies in Google Analytics to analyse visitor traffic and behaviour.
Find us. Book us and stay a while.
Overnight pitching area available – beware it’s so relaxing you won’t want to leave!